OH! SO GARLIC! BREAD Oh! so Garlic! Seasoning
Another delicious Lesley Elizabeth recipe!
OH! SO GARLIC! BREAD Oh! So Garlic! Seasoning
Preheat oven to 350˚F
1 crusty loaf Sourdough or Vienna
3/4 cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
8 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
2 large garlic cloves minced
3/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp Fresh parsley finely chopped
- Combine butter, garlic and salt in a heatproof bowl and melt in the microwave. Stir through parsley.
- Cut the bread on a diagonal into 2cm/1" diamonds but do not cut all the way through the bread (just like you would cut a french stick for garlic bread).
- Use your fingers or a knife to pry open each crack and drizzle in a teaspoon of butter and stuff in a pinch of cheese. This might sound like a bit of an effort, but I promise you it is worth it! You don't need to be super neat, it's nice to have some of the butter drizzled over the crust.
- Wrap with foil and bake for 15minutes until the cheese has mostly melted, then unwrap and bake for 5 minutes more to make the bread nice and crusty.
- Serve immediately.
- Note: A) To make ahead, after wrapping with foil, wrap with cling wrap as well. Store in fridge overnight or freeze to store for longer. To cook, thaw then follow recipe instructions to bake. B) The denser the bread, the better the pieces will hold together when pulled off. C) Use already baked bread, not uncooked bread dough.