EVERYTHING BAGELS Detroit Steak Rub
1 cup all-purpose or wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
¾ teaspoons kosher salt
1 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
1 egg white, beaten
1 tablespoon Detroit Steak Rub or Everything Bagel
1 teaspoon poppy seeds (omit if using Everything Bagel Seasoning)
1 teaspoon sesame seeds (omit if using Everything Bagel Seasoning)
1. Preheat oven to 375⁰F. Place parchment paper on a baking sheet and spray with oil to avoid sticking.
2. In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt, whisk well. Add the yogurt and mix with a fork or spatula until well combined, it will look like small crumbles.
3. Lightly dust flour on a work surface and remove dough from the bowl. Knead the dough a few times until the dough is tacky, but not sticky, about 15 turns. (It should not leave dough on your hand when you pull away).
4. Divide into 4 equal balls. Roll each ball in ¾ inch thick ropes and join the ends to form bagels. Another option is to make a ball and poke a hole in the center then stretch it slightly.
5. In a small cup mix together the Detroit Steak Rub, poppy seeds and sesame seeds. Top each bagel with egg wash and sprinkle both sides with seed and Detroit Steak Rub blend. If you are using Everything Bagel simply sprinkle both sides with seasoning.
6.Bake on the top rack of the over for 25 minutes. Let cool at least 10 minutes before cutting.
NOTE: If using an air fryer:
Set the temperature to 325⁰F. Transfer in batches without overcrowding and bake 11 to 12 minutes, or until golden. No need to turn. Let cool at least 10 minutes before cutting.