INDIAN CORN BREAD Sweet Bell Pepper Seasoning
1 cup self rising cornmeal
½ cup plain white flour
8 ounces Mexican style cheese, shredded
3 tablespoons Sweet Bell Pepper Seasoning
3 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon sugar
¾ cup whole milk
1 can cream style corn
1. In a medium size bowl combine all ingredients and mix well.
2. Pour into prepared 9×9 oven proof dish.
3. Bake in a preheat oven to 325⁰F until golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes.
Crock Pot Version:
1. Preheat a 6-quart oval slow cooker to high. Coat the bottom and around 3-inches up side of the crock pot with melted butter.
2. In a medium size bowl combine all ingredients and mix well.
3. Pour the batter evenly into the slow cooker. Place doubled paper towels over the opening then secure the lid on top.
4. Cook on high for 2 hours. Uncover and test the center checking for moist crumbs.
5. Allow to rest uncovered for 10 minutes.
6. Cut and serve.