RISOTTO A LA GORGONZOLA Seasoned Pepper
Makes 8 servings
5 cups chicken stock
6 tablespoons butter, divided
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 ½ cups Arborio or Mochi rice
1 ⅓ cups heavy cream
6 ounces Gorgonzola cut into ¼ inch pieces
½ teaspoon salt
¾ teaspoon Seasoned Pepper, or to taste
½ cup finely grated Parmesan Cheese
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
1. In a 3 quart pot, bring the chicken stock to a simmer, and turn off the heat.
2. Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons of butter and the olive oil in a 4 to 5 quart heavy pot over moderately high heat until foam subsides. Stir in the rice and cook, stirring, 3 minutes.
3. Add the stock to the rice at once and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently to prevent the rice from sticking and to let the rice absorb all the liquid, about 12 minutes.
4. Clean the 3 quart heavy sauce pan and heat the cream and Gorgonzola over moderately low heat, stirring until the cheese is completely melted. Stir in salt and Seasoned Pepper to taste.
5. Add the cream mixture to the cooked rice and simmer, stirring until the cream has been absorbed and the rice is very tender. Stir in the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter and the Parmesan cheese.
6. Serve sprinkled with parsley.
Additional serving suggestion: Add 1 cup of your favorite vegetable along with the cream mixture (such as, peas or asparagus).