POTATO TORTE Jalapeno & Cilantro Oil
Serves 6 to 8 350°F
3 tablespoons Jalapeno & Cilantro Dipping Oil
8 ounces chopped onion
20 ounce package refrigerated Diced Potatoes with Onion
3 tablespoons butter
8 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
1 tablespoon snipped fresh cilantro
4 ounces white Cheddar Cheese, shredded
½ cup medium salsa, warmed
1. Heat Jalapeno & Cilantro Oil in large skillet on medium-high heat until oil faintly smokes. Add onions and cook stirring 2-3 minutes, until onions are soft but not brown.
2. Add potatoes; cook 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally to brown on all sides. Add butter.
3. When butter begins to melt, stir in eggs. Coat a 10 inch oven proof torte pan with cooking spray; spread potato and egg in pan; cook 10 minutes at 350°F.
4. Sprinkle with chives, cilantro and shredded Cheddar Cheese and bake an additional 7 minutes.
5. Cut into wedges and serve with warmed salsa.