Another delicious Lesley Elizabeth recipe!
Makes 4 servings
1-12.75ounce can artichokes packed in water or light brine
¼ cup Ultimate Garlic Oil
½ teaspoon Wicked Good Pepper
8 large eggs
½ cup grated Romano Parmesan cheese
Sea salt to taste
- Drain artichokes and rinse well, pat dry with paper towels. In a 9 or 10 inch oven safe pan over medium heat, warm the Ultimate Garlic Oil (about 1 minute)
- Add the artichokes slices and sprinkle with Wicked Good Pepper. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the artichokes begin to brown slightly.
- Preheat the broiler. Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk the eggs until blended, and then whisk in the cheese and a little salt.
- In pan with artichokes spread the artichokes evenly in single layer and slowly pour the eggs over the artichokes, trying not to dislodge them. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook uncovered, until the eggs begin to set (1-2 minutes). Then, using a spatula, lift the edges of the egg to allow the uncooked egg to flow underneath. Continue to cook until the edges and bottom are set but the center is moist (about 3 minutes).
- Transfer the pan to the broiler about 4 inches from the heat source and broil until the top sets and browns lightly (1-2 minutes). Watch carefully so that it does not overbrown.
- Slide the Tortino onto a serving plate, cut into wedges, and serve.