STUFFED SHELLS Traditional Italian Seasoning
28 ounces tomato sauce
¼ cup water
2 tablespoons Traditional Italian Seasoning, or to taste
1 teaspoon sugar
1 large tomato, chopped
16 ounces cottage cheese, small curd (ricotta can be used)
¼ cup Spinach Seasoning, or to taste
1 large egg
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
20 jumbo pasta shells, cooked
1. Heat oven to 400⁰F.
2. Combine first 5 ingredients; spread half of sauce onto bottom of a 13×9 inch baking dish.
3. Mix cottage cheese, spinach seasoning, egg, ½ cup mozzarella and Parmesan until well combined. Spoon mixture evenly into pasta shells, place over sauce in baking dish; top with remaining sauce. Cover.
4. Bake 25 minutes or until heated through. Top with remaining mozzarella; bake uncovered 2 minutes or until cheese has melted.
Crock Pot Version
1. Combine first 5 ingredients; spread half of sauce onto bottom of the crock pot
2. Mix cottage cheese, spinach seasoning, egg, ½ cup mozzarella and Parmesan until well combined. Spoon mixture evenly into pasta shells.
3. Place 12-14 shells to the bottom of the crock pot and spread half of the remaining sauce on top. Make a second layer with the stuffed shells and sauce, if needed.
4. Cover slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours or LOW for 6 to 8 until shells are cooked. Remove lid and sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese over shells. Wait 5 minutes until cheese is melted. Garnish with parsley.