PASTA CARBONARA Traditional Italian Seasoning
½ pound uncooked fettuccine
2 teaspoons butter
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 tablespoons Traditional Italian Seasoning
⅔ cup part-skim ricotta cheese
2 eggs, beaten
½ cup milk
2 slices cooked Canadian-style bacon, cut into strips
4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
½ teaspoon table salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
1 pound asparagus
1. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and keep warm.
2. Trim and cut asparagus into bite size pieces, steam until tender, set aside.
3. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick saucepan, melt butter. Sauté onion and Traditional Italian Seasoning until onions are softened, about 5 minutes.
4. In a large bowl, beat ricotta with an electric mixer until smooth. Stir in eggs and onion mixture until combined. Stir in milk, bacon, most of Parmesan, salt and pepper. Add pasta and asparagus.
5. Add mixture to saucepan and cook, stirring gently until mixture is thickened, about 2 minutes. Serve at once, sprinkled with remaining Parmesan cheese and parsley.