Orange-Zucchini Muffins with Mango Tangerine Sugar Glaze Mango Tangerine Sugar
Yield 12-15 muffins
½ cup sugar
⅓ cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
½ teaspoon baking soda
2 cups Unbleached Self-Rising Flour
1 cup lightly packed shredded or grated zucchini, green skin included
The grated rind of 1 medium to large orange
1 cup Mango Tangerine Sugar
½ cup water
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine flour & baking soda.
3. In a separate bowl mix beat together eggs, ½ cup white granulated sugar & ½ cup mango tangerine sugar, vegetable oil, vanilla. After combine fold in zucchini & orange rind.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until combined. Spoon the batter evenly into 12 muffin cups.
5. Bake for 25-27 minutes and allow to cool.
For glaze: Combine other ½ cup mango tangerine sugar and water in a small sauce pan. Simmer on low heat until it begins to thicken. Take off heat and let cool. Dip the muffins into the glaze or drizzle over the top.