MUSHROOM & LEEK QUICHE Leek & Garlic Seasoning
Pastry for a single pie crust
12 ounces fresh baby portobella mushrooms, cleaned & sliced
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons Leek & Garlic Seasoning or more to taste
¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
3 tablespoons whipping cream
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375˚F. On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry dough to ⅛th inch thick circle. Transfer to a 9 inch pie plate.
2. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium high heat. Add Leek & Garlic Seasoning and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and black pepper to the pan and sauté 4 to 6 minutes or until tender. Let cool slightly.
3. Sprinkle half of the cheese onto the bottom of the pastry lined pie plate. Top with mushroom mixture; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
4. In a large bowl, whisk eggs and cream until well blended; pour over top.
5. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.