GLAZED DOUGHNUT MUFFINS Blueberry Honey Sugar
Makes 1 ½ dozen
¼ cup butter, softened
½ cup Avocado Oil
½ cup Blueberry Honey Sugar
⅓ cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
¾ teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¾ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 ⅔ cups all purpose flour
1 cup milk
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup confectioner sugar
Remainder of jar of Blueberry Honey Sugar
¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons hot water
1. Preheat oven to 425˚F. Lightly grease a standard muffin tin or line with paper muffin cups and spray with non-stick vegetable spray: this will ensure that they peel off the muffins nicely.
2. In a medium sized mixing bowl, cream together the butter, Avocado Oil and sugars until smooth.
3. Add eggs, beating to combine.
4. Stir in the baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt and vanilla.
5. Stir the flour into the butter mixture alternately with the milk, beginning and ending with the flour and making sure everything is thoroughly combined.
6. Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared pan, filling the cups nearly full.
7. Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until they are a pale golden brown and a cake tester inserted into the middle comes out clean.
8. While the muffins are baking, prepare glaze. In a medium bowl whisk together the Blueberry Honey Sugar with the hot water, add the melted butter, vanilla and confectioner sugar. Whisk until smooth.
9. When muffins have cooled slightly, dip the muffin crown into the glaze and allow the glaze to harden. At this point you can leave them as is or go for the double dip.
10. Serve warm or cool on a rack and wrap airtight. Muffins will keep at room temperature for about a day.
NOTE: May substitute our Cranberry Pomegranate or Black Currant Sugar for the Blueberry Honey Sugar. If you would like the use our Mango Sugar, eliminate the nutmeg and cinnamon and replace with 2 teaspoon of ground ginger.