CHICKEN & SCALLOP BAKE Tarragon Chive Oil
Serves 6 375°F
½ cup all purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
½ pound bay scallops
¼ cup Tarragon Chive Oil
1½ cups sliced fresh mushrooms
1 medium onion, chopped
¼ cup white wine or chicken broth
2 teaspoons cornstarch
½ cup heavy whipping cream
4 tarragon sprigs
½ cup shredded Swiss cheese
1. In a large re-sealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt, and pepper. Add chicken and scallops in batches: shake to coat. In a large skillet, sauté chicken and scallops in oil until lightly browned. Transfer to a greased 13 x 9 x 2 baking dish.
2. In the pan drippings, sauté mushrooms and onion. Add wine or broth. Bring to a boil, cook until liquid is reduced to 2 tablespoons.
3. Combine the cornstarch and cream until blended: add to skillet. Bring to a boil: cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Salt & pepper to taste.
4. Spoon mixture over chicken and scallops. Sprinkle with the cheese. Bake, uncovered for 18-20 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
5. Garnish with Tarragon sprigs.