Cheesy Polenta and Egg Casserole! Garden Vegetable Seasoning
3 cups chicken broth
1 cup water
1 cup polenta
⅓ cup Garden Vegetable Seasoning
½ teaspoon salt
4 ounces hot Italian turkey sausage, casing removed
2 ounces shredded Fontina cheese
2 ounces fresh grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
4 large eggs
1. In a large saucepan bring water, salt, and chicken broth to a boil. Add Garden Vegetable Seasoning and whisk in polenta. Reduce heat and simmer stirring for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage until lightly browned and no longer pink. Scoop out to a cutting board and set aside until cool enough to handle. Finely chop the sausage.
3. Once the polenta is done, stir in Fontina and ¼ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano. Scoop the polenta into a 9X13 pan coated with nonstick spray and spread until top is smooth.
4. Scramble eggs and gently pour over top of polenta. Scatter the sausage over the top of the eggs and sprinkle with the remaining ¼ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano.
5. Bake in 350ºF oven for 25 minutes.
OPITIONAL: Instead of scrambled egg. Make 4 two inch indentations in the polenta with the back of a tablespoon. Break eggs, one at a time into a small cup – slip each into one of the indentations and lightly salt & pepper. Bake in 350ºF oven for 20 minutes or until eggs are at desired consistence.