CHEESY PEPPERONI ROLL Avocado Oil
Serves 3 to 4
1. Loosely cover frozen bread dough with plastic wrap that has been sprayed or brushed with cooking oil. Allow the dough to thaw for a few hours at room temperature. When dough is completely thawed it will be slightly puffed up.
2. Roll dough out to approximately an 11 x11 inch square.
3. Brush dough with Avocado Oil. Lay pepperoni on the dough covering the entire surface. Spread tomato sauce evenly over the pepperoni; sprinkle lightly with Traditional Italian Seasoning to taste. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and then Parmesan cheese.
4. Roll the dough up starting at one edge of the square. Place seam side down on a cookie sheet that has been oiled slightly. Brush the top of the roll with a little Avocado Oil.
5. Bake at 375˚F for 15 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. You should be able to make a tapping sound on the crust with your fingernail just as you would when baking bread.
6. Allow the pepperoni roll to cool completely before slicing.
NOTE: Substitute your favorite Lesley Elizabeth oil or seasoning in this recipe. May also use different meats or cheeses.