CAULIFLOWER CHEESE SOUP Shallots, Scallions & Leeks
Makes 6 – 1 ⅓ cup servings
2 teaspoons olive oil
5 tablespoons Shallots, Scallions & Leeks Seasoning (or to taste)
1 medium carrot, chopped fine
1 medium rib celery, chopped fine
5 cups chicken broth
4 cups cauliflower, florets
1 ounce American cheese
2 ounces cream cheese
2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
1. Heat the oil in a large nonstick saucepan over medium heat. Add the Shallots, Scallions and Leeks Seasoning, carrot and celery. Cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are very tender, but not browned, about 8 minutes.
2. Add the broth and cauliflower; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered until the cauliflower is very tender, about 30 minutes. Stir in the cheeses until melted.
3. Remove the soup from the heat and set aside to cool. Puree with a hand-held immersion blender, or in a food processor or blender, in batches if necessary. Return the soup to the saucepan and reheat. Stir in the chives.
1. Place seasoning, cauliflower, carrots, celery and chicken stock in crockpot and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until vegetables are tender.
2. Puree with a hand-held immersion blender, or in a food processor or blender, in batches if necessary.
3. Return the soup to the crockpot and stir in cream cheese, shredded cheese and chives.